About the OWS
Current Officers of the OWS
- President :
- Vice President: Bob Sencenbaugh
- Treasurer : Linda Murray
- Board member: Diane Geitzenauer
- Board member: Debbie Seder
- Board member: Cathy Shott
- Board member: Norma Pinkert
- Board member: Mary Wolf
Interested in joining? Fill out and return the Membership Form (PDF file)
Interested in OWS Merchandise? Use this Order Form
What is the OWS?
The OWS is an international organization of Samoyed enthusiasts. The club objectives are:
- To encourage and promote the working heritage of purebred Samoyeds
- To develop the Samoyed’s natural working abilities to their highest levels
- To preserve and protect the interests of the breed by encouraging high quality care
- To foster good sportsmanship and enjoyment in competitive and recreational dog sports
- To recognize the performance of outstanding Samoyeds in competitive events sponsored by AKC, ISDRA, IWPA, AHBA and other recognized organizations.
You can read the OWS Constitution & Bylaws (a PDF file) for more information.
by Donna Dannen, Past President
The Organization for the Working Samoyed began as an idea of a few sled dog racing enthusiasts in the late 1960's and early 1970's. At that time Samoyeds were seldom seen at sled dog races or other performance events. Then, as now, Samoyeds were considered too willfull, too distractable and too easy-going to be competitive as working dogs. There were a few people, however, who loved the breed and successfully turned the innately carefree Samoyed into a worker of great resolve and joy. These people hoped to encourage other Samoyed owners to work their dogs.